Thursday, September 07, 2006

On The Edge

I think I set my workload just about perfectly for the Build phase that I just completed (actually, I'm still in the rest/recovery week). These Build phases seem to always push me right to the edge of overtraining. I was unusually fatigued yesterday after my 'cross ride Tuesday night; I felt bad enough that it made me a little nervous, but not nearly as bad as I felt before I got sick earlier this year. I pretty much just vegged out last night. I watched some movies, stayed off my feet and drank a bunch of orange juice.


Today I feel pretty decent; I can tell that my legs are still a little 'off', but it's not too bad. For tonight, I'm planning on doing a light workout off the bike and maybe just a little skill work on the bike. I'll put in a quality ride tomorrow night.


I'm debating about whether or not to race this weekend. There are a lot of things working against me wanting to do the race, and not much working for it. Thinking about it in terms of my recent goal review, I should probably skip this race and do a quality skill-focused trail ride instead. Besides, while the mountain bike race season may be wrapping up, there's still a lot of racing left to do. I'm tentatively planning on doing up to 6 cyclocross races this Fall!


I picked up my Flying Rhino jersey tonight. Lookin' pretty sharp...

No comments: