Sunday, September 17, 2006

Training Error

Well, I made a training error today. It's not so good, but at least I've recognized it and can adjust next time around.

Basically, what happened was that I overdid my off-bike activities today and am now likely too fatigued to do a good on-bike workout. I did a hard strength/core workout this morning and then mowed the lawn (about a 2 hour job) around noon. Normally, I would still feel OK riding after that, but not today, at the end of a training week. Next time I'm faced with this situation, I'll ride first and then if something needs to get skipped, it will be the off-bike workout.

I'm just hanging out this afternoon and trying to recover to see if I can get feeling good enough to ride tonight. I would really like to get a ride in, since I'll be in Oklahoma for work tomorrow through Thursday. If nothing else, I'll probably head out a little later tonight and work on my cyclocross mounts and dismounts.

No comments: