Friday, September 22, 2006

Trip Wrap-up

I got back from Oklahoma yesterday. The trip went well except I ran into a little snag on the way home. I flew into Memphis in the morning and was scheduled to fly from there to Detroit. I'd been sitting at the gate for a while when they announced that the plane had a "mechanical" and was delayed for about 4 hours. They rebooked everybody and so I ended up going to Detroit via Atlanta (my service agent had a nametag that read "Skeeter"... no kidding). The plane finally got into Detroit around 5pm, about 3 and a half hours late. Fortunately, my bags also showed up.

I did a pretty good job sticking to my training regimen during my trip. Since I was traveling alone, it wasn't so hard, but it meant that I didn't have time to do much else. I went down to the "fitness room" in the hotel on Wednesday night. It turned out that the fitness room was just a smallish room with mirrors on one wall and a row of vending machines on the other. At one time, there may have been fitness equipment in it, but not anymore. Fortunately, even though the hotel was packed, the pool was empty. I did maybe 7 laps at the most (it was a short pool) and was totally smoked.

First cyclocross race is this Sunday... I'm getting pretty fired up. Looks like it might be a little wet.

No comments: