Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cat Up!

I just renewed my USA Cycling race license this week. As part of it, I applied to be upgraded from cyclocross category CX-4 to CX-3. I didn't technically meet the upgrade requirements, but I felt my race resume was sufficient to upgrade anyway. For our local series, we don't use the USAC categories, and no one would care if I raced the B's anyway (in fact, I'm sure I would be pressured to race in the B's), but for the UCI races, maybe it would matter.

Anyway, I heard back from USAC this afternoon, and they agreed with me. So now, I'm CX-3! Not only that, the guy said I shouldn't race Cat-5 if I do any road events, so he also upgraded me to Cat-4 on the road!

At first, the road thing freaked me out a little bit at first, but I'd actually be more inclined to do more road events (ie- crits) as a Cat-4 than I would as a Cat-5. They call the Cat-5 criterium class the "Crash-5's".

No comments: