Monday, February 25, 2008

The Weekenders

We made it back from Rhode Island yesterday; still just two of us, so it was a success. Sarah's teams did well at the competition. Both of the teams she coaches took 2nd place in their division. The other teams from the club took 2nd and 5th. In general, the teams did better than expected.


I took about a 2 hour nap yesterday afternoon when I got home. Being around the kids and parents and skating for so long wiped me out! (My 30 minute nap after work today also turned into a 2 hour nap!)


We finally had good numbers again at hockey last night. It had been about 3 weeks with only 1 or 2 guys on the bench; last night we had 5. As a result, the pace stayed pretty high until the last 10 minutes or so. The guy that runs the skate had a little extra money left over, so he got everyone jerseys. They're nice quality jerseys, but I'm not sure what I think about the color.


On Saturday morning, I ran the stairs in the hotel for a while. It was a pretty decent little workout; There ended up being 7 flights of stairs if you went all the way down to the basement. My calves have been sore ever since though. Hopefully, they'll get feeling better tomorrow.

No comments: