Saturday, February 16, 2008

LT Test - Base 1 - 2008

I did my first LT Field Test for the year this morning. The test after Base 1 is always a little bit of a shock to the system; the body just isn't used to going that hard on a bike.

Anyway, the test this morning went reasonably well. I averaged 243W, 10W higher than last year at this time, and only 11W lower than the end of Base 3 last year. I also rode a pretty fast first 10 minutes (which doesn't factor into the average power calculation, but it definitely influences performance over the last 20 minutes).

My only disappointment was that I felt like I could have gone just a tick harder. It wouldn't have pushed my power number up too much, maybe another 5W or so. I just didn't have that "shattered" feeling today that I usually have after I finish the test. But, basically, I'm happy with the result.

Here's a chart showing my progress through the Base phases (mostly) from 2006 to today.

No comments: