Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rhode Island

I'm out in Rhode Island this week for Synchro Nationals. Not too much going on yet; Sarah's teams don't compete until Friday. The kids have some practices and are doing Brain Gym until Friday.

I got in a decent workout last night at the hotel. I did one of Ross's minute drills. My quads were just about locking up by the time I was done. I got some weird looks from the people floating around in the pool next to the "fitness center" in the hotel. The fitness center consists of 2 treadmills, some kind of recumbent stationary bike thing, and an eliptical machine. This morning, I found a second fitness room which was empty. The empty room will probably work better for my purposes. The hotel also has nice wide stairwells (6 stories worth) and a big field out front. Lots of possibilities... My only real disappointment is that there was no resistance equipment in the hotel; I assumed there would be so I didn't even bring my bands.

This morning, I got a little swimming in. The pool isn't too big, but it's just fine for my swimming abilities.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Synchro Nationals?

Keith said...

My wife is a figure skating coach; she had 2 teams at Nationals this year.

More importantly, as far as me going on the trip, is that she's about 7.5 months pregnant. So, I wanted to be there, just in case.