Thursday, February 07, 2008

Heavy Snow

It's been another busy week; I can't believe it's Thursday already before I've had a chance to make a new post! Our childbirth class finished up this week, so that should help free up Tuesday nights.

Anyway, it's been a good week of training for me again. I felt like I had a very high quality strength workout on Sunday morning. I pushed myself hard without going overboard and doing anything stupid. Sunday night hockey was a little thin this week, since it was during the Super Bowl. The Zamboni guy turned the game on over the rink speakers; it was kind of fun, but you couldn't really understand what was going on, and most of us weren't paying attention. Since we only had a few guys, we played 4 on 4 for the first game, then went to 5 on 5 for the second. I think I prefered the 4 on 4; I played better with more space and time, and I appreciated the slightly longer rest on the bench (we only had 7 skaters per team!). By the end of the night, I was pretty beat.

I did a technique ride on the trainer Monday night. I watched the 2007 Cyclocross season highlight video put together by Masher's Media. I'd skipped through it before, but this was the first time I'd watched the whole thing. I really enjoyed it; it was fun to remember the races and see the other racers that I know.

Tuesday night was off. Like I mentioned, we've been going to a childbirth class every Tuesday for the past 4 weeks. Basically, I get home from work, eat, go to class, come home, eat, go to bed. It was a worthwhile class, but I'm glad it's done.

Tuesday night, we got a lot of freezing rain and a little snow, and then Wednesday afternoon, we got maybe 3-4 inches of pretty wet snow. So, the driveway was a mess last night. The wet snow was covering about 2 inches of slushy snow. I shoveled for an hour and a half before I called it quits. I basically got everything important cleared, but not as much as I would have liked. I decided that I didn't need to do another workout last night after shoveling.

No comments: