Monday, November 27, 2006

50 Days

Today I started up my "50 Day Plan", based on the plan in Ross's "Infinite Intensity" book. My plan is to actually not go the full 50 days, but to take a little break around Christmas. It's really more like a 28 day plan I guess. I'm not going to mess with trying to fit a structured exercise program in around the holidays. That week I'll just do what I can, when I can.

My wife is going to do the program with me, which should be interesting. When schedules permit, we'll do the workouts together. I expect that most days, she'll work out during the day, and I'll work out in the evening.

So, the 50 day program starts with a "Warrior Challenge". Ross has dubbed this one the "Magic 50". It's pretty straightforward, it's 5 sets of: 5 dumbbell snatches per arm, 5 dumbbell swings per arm and 10 burpees. No rest in between exercises, but up to one minute of rest between sets. After that, Ross recommends doing a Farmer's Walk (3 sets) to finish. My expectation is that this will be the easiest of the Challenges, if nothing else, it looks to be the shortest.

Sarah did the Magic 50 in 9:42, with an 8lb dumbbell and no finisher. Pretty good I think! In true warrior fashion, she thinks she'll go with a heavier weight next time.

I did the Magic 50 in 9:15, with a 20lb dumbbell. I did the finisher.

We do this one again on Dec 22nd. It will be interesting to see what the improvement is. Next time around I want to pick up the pace of my burpees a little bit, I think I could have gone faster.

No comments: