Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

Sarah and I went down to the city of Detroit yesterday. We got there early enough to catch some of the parade. There was still quite a bit of fog, which I thought looked cool.



After the parade, we went over to the Lions game. Here's a shot of Ford Field before the game; the stands were also about this full in the 4th quarter. By the way, Ford Field is a very nice building!


Sarah and me before the game.


OK, one bike-related bit too. I rented Chain Reaction 5 from Netflix this week. It was mostly urban and dirt-jump footage, which I'm actually starting to appreciate. I finally understand why they keep showing the guys crashing in these movies. I think it's not just for the spectacle of it, but it also gives you some insight as to how they work to dial in their tricks.

There was also a little downhill footage, including some great close-ups of guys cornering. Things to note: 1. Head position - looking through the corner. 2. Bike leaned more than the rider. 3. Hips pointed through the corner (basically following the head). This is the first time I've gotten a good idea of what good hip position is all about. Lopes talks about it in his book, but, for whatever reason, I didn't get it until I saw this.

No comments: