Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Day 3 - Strength

Today was a pretty busy day for me. The 50 day plan calls for a strength workout with a sledgehammer swing finisher. The strength workout wasn't too bad, and the lowered pace was a nice relief after the first two days of conditioning-focused work. Still, my arms were pretty smoked afterward. I tried pushups with a resistance band wrapped over my back. I'll just say a little resistance goes a long way!


Swinging the sledgehammer (100 times) wasn't as tough as I thought it might be. By the time I was done, I had some major forearm pump , and I was feeling it in my back a little.

To keep some reasonable level of cycling proficiency over the off-season, I'm also getting on the bike once a week for a speed skills session. So, I got on the trainer today and did some spin-ups. It felt good to get on the bike, even if it was on the trainer, and just spin.

No comments: