Saturday, December 16, 2006

2007 Season Goals

I sat down yesterday and spent some time defining my 2007 season goals. The list I'd put on my blog before was OK, but I think they weren't sufficiently inspirational. They were closer to training objectives than real goals.

So, here we go, just two main goals for 2007:

1. Finish the Stony Creek MTB time trial in 55 minutes or less.

Depending on who shows up, this would be a top 5 finish in most of the Sport classes. It's also 9 minutes faster than my 2006 time (yikes!). That being said, I did cut 12 minutes from 2005 to 2006, but this jump will be harder. Still, goals are supposed to be hard and are supposed to push you... that's the whole point.

2. Race well enough in cylocross races to move up to the B's in 2008.

Well, there's really no rule about upgrading so I could do this regardless, except that I'd really get crushed if I'm not ready. Effectively, what this means is that I want to be consistently on the podium (top 5) in the C races in 2007. In 2006, my best finish was 6th, and I finished 11th a bunch of times. This won't be easy, but it should be achievable... probably easier than finding 9 minutes at Stony.

No comments: