Thursday, December 14, 2006

Attempts at a Vacation

Well, I was scheduled to take the day completely off today and tomorrow, but that's just not happening. My project at work is in a critical phase, so I went in for half the day today, and I'm going in for half the day tomorrow. That puts me with 4 vacation days left and 5 days to use them. Hopefully things calm down enough that I can feel good about taking most of next week off.

So, since I did come early today and the weather was decent (for December), I took the 'cross bike out for a ride. I only went out for about an hour, but it felt good to actually ride outside again.


It's just cold enough that Pontiac Lake has a little ice on it.



No ice on the pond across the street though...


It's not a particularly difficult loop, but there's usually a bit of a headwind on the way out and a couple little hills. I felt pretty good, my legs burned a little more the usual on the climbs, but it wasn't really too bad.

So, this helps to validate what I've been doing the past few weeks. Since I've been mainly doing higher intensity, but shorter workouts, I've been a little concerned that my aerobic fitness would degrade too much. So far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

On an unrelated topic, here's what drinking a Coke does to you.

No comments: