Monday, December 18, 2006

Day 22 - Intervals and Vacation

Yay, I'm finally on vacation! I had planned to work on Tuesday, but since I went in for half the day on Thursday and Friday, I was able to take tomorrow off too. Things are largely under control at work, so I should be able to enjoy my time off.


Today is another interval / core day. The intervals are supposed to be short (only 50 meters), so I'll run the stairs for that work. I've noticed an increase in the flexibility of my back lately from doing the core work. There's an exercise called "wall walking" that I've been doing regularly that seems to help. With your back to a wall, you walk down the wall with your hands, ideally until your hands get to the floor and you're in a bridge position. I still have to stop well before I get to the floor, but I'm definitely getting better.


I retensioned the wheels on my singlespeed, so it's ready for winter riding duty. If the weather stays dry and cold, I'll head out to the trail in the morning for a little riding. Plan B for tomorrow is to hit the Rhino's indoor training session, but if you can ride outside, why ride inside?


No comments: